Lochcarron Visitor Centre
The Lochcarron Visitor Centre will temporarily remain closed in line with government advice to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus.
We are pleased to announce that the Lochcarron Visitor Centre will now offer private shopping experiences and made to measure appointments for ladies and gents wear including highland dress. Have your kilt fitted and made by Lochcarron of Scotland.
If you are looking to order a new kilt or have some new made to measure items then give us a call or email in for an appointment.
Due to the current safety measures that we have in place we are not open to the general public, so do call ahead to ensure that we are able to accommodate your visit.
Appointments are available:
Monday to Thursday & every other Friday & Saturday
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Please call T: 01750 726100 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
VISITOR CENTRE - NOW TAKING PRIVATE APPOINTMENTS
Lochcarron have kilted numerous celebrities over the years, from Shrek to Sean Connery and have woven fabrics for some the world’s top fashion houses including Vivienne Westwood, Ralph Lauren, Paul Smith, Burberry and Victoria Beckham to name but a few. You are certainly in very good company at Lochcarron. If you are looking to update your kilt outfit or would like a private shopping experience, please call or email in to us and we'll be delighted to meet with you.
Not only can we fit and make your kilt but we also weave the tartans, as the world's leading manufacturer of tartan we have been weaving cloth in Scotland for over 70 years. You can choose from our vast range of authentic tartans or if you are looking for something more personal we can help you design and register your own family, corporate or personal tartan. Our skilled design team can help you with this all of the way.
PRIVATE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
- Top quality Scottish products including an exclusive range of knitwear and accessories in cashmere and natural fibres.
- Full range of Lochcarron of Scotland woven accessories in family and clan tartans which have been made here in the mill.
- Made to measure items for men, including kilt outfits and trews for those special occasions, weddings, black tie events, ceilidhs and Burns suppers.
- Made to measure items for women such as serapes, stoles, skirts, kerry jackets, sashes.
- Gift items, greeting cards, postcards Scottish crafts, books.
- Highland accessories, perfect for many occasions such as groomsmen's gifts, bridal party gifts.
- Home interiors, woven tartan blankets in natural fibres, perfect for outdoor picnics or to compliment any interior. Made to measure items, such as cushions, table runners, napkins.
- Cloth, tartan and designer fabrics are woven here in the mill.
We are offering private shopping experiences and made to measure fittings for ladies and gents wear but will remain closed to the general public at this time. Socially distanced and by appointment.
- Please wear your mask when arriving for your appointment.
- Hand sanitisers are available.
- Toilet facilities are available.
- All handled items will be steam cleaned before being returned to the shop floor.
- Strict cleaning proceedures are in place.
GET IN TOUCH
For all enquiries please contact us, we are always happy to hear from you or give us feedback through TripAdvisor.
Lochcarron Visitor Centre
Telephone: 01750 726 100
- Our facilities are child-friendly.
- All public areas are fully wheelchair accessible.
- We welcome assistance dogs.
- We have fully trained first aiders throughout the mill and Visitor Centre
- Disabled WC facilities in the Visitor Centre and the mill.
HOW TO GET HERE
Selkirk is 42 miles south of Edinburgh city centre on the A7 and 76 miles from Newcastle on the A696 & A68
BY CAR Driving time will take appox 1 hour from Edinburgh. Enter into Sat Nav our Postcode: TD7 5DZ.
- Complimentary parking
- Designated disabled parking
BY RAIL Travelling time will take 50 minutes. Go to Edinburgh Waverly Station - Galashiels. click on Train Timetable
BY BUS Galashiels - Selkirk Bus Station beside Galashiels Train Station at the Interchange, bus 73 company: Border Buses Timetable
Edinburgh - Selkirk X95 Border Buses - click on Timetable
The nearest bus stop is at Charlie's Brae or Market Place.
From Charlies Brae walk north towards Ettrick Terrace, sharp left onto Ettrick Terrace. Next right towards the steps, turn left at the bottom. Follow the road until you see the signs for Lochcarron Visitor Centre. Take care crossing the road!
From Market Place follow A7 onto Ettrick Terrace, take the steps to your left onto Dunsdale Road, turn left at the bottom. Keep following the road until you see the signs for Lochcarron Visitor Centre.
BY BIKE We welcome cyclists, and have a secure bike rack at the side of the Lochcarron Visitor Centre.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY Click here to take you to the Traveline Website. Please use 'Dunsdale Road, Selkirk, Selkirkshire' in the 'To' field.